My little Cajun is sick. Either strep or a 5-14 day virus infecting his throat. We were supposed to head out early tomorrow morning to see the in-laws in Mississippi and go to Mardi Gras in New Orleans. If it’s strep, the doc says he can go, but we won’t know until tomorrow afternoon. We could still go then, but it would really suck getting there in the middle of night. If it’s not strep, he has to stay inside until at least Tuesday. So, we’ve decided just to cancel the trip rather than waiting on pins and needles for the strep results and then rushing out there. This was my first Mardi Gras, plus I really wanted to see how the city is handling the season this year. Damnit, Boudreaux! On a totally different and positive note, I present you with a smiley face that has eyelashes.

Advertisements